At the Association of Banks in Singapore Annual Council Meeting on 28 June 2011, DBS Bank was elected the new Chairman Bank of the Association, represented by Mr Piyush Gupta, Chief Executive Officer and Director of DBS Group Holdings and DBS Bank Ltd.
Mr Gupta is also the Director of DBS’ subsidiary companies, The Islamic Bank of Asia Limited and DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited. His external appointments include serving on the Group of Experts to the ASEAN Capital Markets Forum and on the boards of The Institute of Banking and Finance, Global Indian Foundation, Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Fund and the MasterCard Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa Regional Advisory Board.
Two Vice Chairman Banks were also elected i.e. (i) OCBC Bank represented by Mr David P Conner, Director & Chief Executive Officer and (ii) Maybank represented by Ms Pollie Sim, Chief Executive Officer.
The Council members for ABS are:
- DBS Bank Ltd (Chairman Bank)
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited
- Barclays Bank PLC
- BNP Paribas
- Bank of America, National Association
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd (Singapore Branch)
- Citibank Singapore Limited
- Credit Suisse AG
- Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Malayan Banking Bhd
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Ltd
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- State Bank of India
- Standard Chartered Bank
- United Overseas Bank Limited
- VTB Capital Plc Singapore Branch